Med Pay FAQs
Mecical Payment Insurance FAQs
What is Medical Payment Insurance?
Medical Payment coverage or "Med Pay" is insurance that pays all reasonable and necessary expenses for healthcare expenses resulting from an automobile accident. The coverage is not fault based and is limited to a contracted amount, usually between $5,000 and $10,000.
When Should I get Med Pay?
Right NOW! Med Pay is only useful to you if you have the coverage before you get into the accident. We encourage all of our patients to add this coverage to your policy immediately. If you have already been in the accident, ask your insurance adjuster if you have coverage or we can check for you.
Who is covered?
Those covered include (1) the person driving and (2) any passengers in the insured vehicle. These people are covered regardless of who is considered at fault.
How do I get MedPay?
MedPay is an available option on nearly all automobile insurance policies. It is fairly inexpensive, usually costing $30-50 for the entire year.
What are the Med Pay Advantages?
- No Hassles – You do not have to worry about fighting an insurance company or suing another driver. Your own insurance company pays your bills, and seeks reimbursement from the other insurance company.
- Get the Care you Need, Right away – There is no delay between your accident and receiving the chiropractic care you may need. Patients are often seen the very same day as the accident.
- Everyone gets taken care of – Every passenger in the car is covered individually. If your MedPay amount is $5000, every passenger injured can receive up to that amount of care ($5000 each person).
- Your Rates Cannot Go Up – Your own insurance premium rates cannot increase as the result of you using MedPay to cover treatment
- No Surprise Bills – Often a case is settled and the patient thinks medical bills have been paid; in many cases they have not. A patient with MedPay never has to worry about receiving a bill two months after the case is over.
We feel it is important for you to be protected in case you are involved in a motor vehicle accident. We recommend Med Pay because it means that nothing will stand in the way of you receiving treatment for your injuries.