At Healthworks Chiropractic, we want to see all our patients attain and maintain a level of wellness care. We are proud to offer a variety of holistic therapies designed to stimulate your body’s natural healing mechanisms and manage and treat a comprehensive suite of symptoms and conditions. Our chiropractic team is highly experienced and will work closely with you to help you find the relief you have been looking for.
Chiropractic care along withcorrective exercises are especially useful for individuals struggling with joint mobility and optimal nervous system functioning. Particularly when used in conjunction with other holistic healing practices, we can promote healing for neuropathy, TMJ, sports injuries, GERD, degenerative diseases, and much more.
Other common conditions treated with chiropractic care and corrective exercises include, but are not limited to:
- Back and Neck Pain – back pain is the leading cause of disability worldwide, it is vital to know how to prevent the cause of back pain. By maintaining a healthy diet and weight, remaining active, and avoiding prolonged inactivity or bed rest are all important ways to avoid back pain.
- Sciatica and Disc/Nerve Pain – sometimes it can be hard to figure out if you are dealing with “true sciatica” or pain coming from another place in your back. We will examine you to identify where your symptoms are coming from and can then recommend treatment to relieve sciatica.
- Shoulder, Elbow, Wrist Pain – these areas of pain are quite common but it’s important to understand they are not normal. Medications often focus on alleviating pain, but they generally don’t fix the root cause of the pain. Our experts can help you create a plan that gets you to recover quickly.
- Knee and Ankle Pain – factors causing knee pain are considered the normal “wear and tear.” Another ailment that affects the knee is osteoarthritis. The symptoms and progression of osteoarthritis and knee pain can be reduced through our individualized approach to chiropractic care.
- Headaches/Migraines – Headaches and migraines are another common problem that stems from many different causes. We can evaluate the type of headache or migraine you are dealing with and offer treatment options for your condition.
- Auto Accident Injuries – Even a "minor" crash can result in serious injuries, such as ligament sprains. This can lead to chronic pain and disability if not treated properly. Chiropractic adjustments are effective because they help restore the healthy, normal function of your nervous system without the use of drugs or surgery.
Chiropractic services can help you recover from many painful conditions without medication or surgery.
The goal is to treat pain at the source.
This is different from many other approaches to pain management which focus on treating the symptoms, resulting results in long-lasting, permanent pain relief.
“I visit Dr. Lyons at least once a year and every time I get excellent service. In addition to his excellent treatment, he explains the problem, causes, and advice on exercises to be performed at home that would prevent from reoccurring.”- Logan S.
“It is amazing that he could find the problem by touching the spine, bones, and joints, and fix it by adjusting. He always finds my pain point and the problem, sometimes I even didn't realize that pain point. I feel very relaxed and enjoyed my visits.”- Guiling W.
“Hands down- It was simply amazing to see someone in severe pain and after stretching and adjustment the pain is relieved. Don't even hesitate, if you're in pain, I highly recommend Dr. James Lyons with Healthworks Chiro in Milpitas.”- Bobby P.